- Knowledge is key. It’s absolutely crucial that you don’t simply start placing bets willy-nilly but that you have a sound knowledge about what is going on and what it is that you are doing. Understand all the rules of the game(s) you’re betting on before you actually place your bets. Chances are that you are already a sports fan before you start betting so learn to apply that knowledge.
- Check your emotions at the door. If you’re actually try to make money, then you’ll be wanting to leave your feelings out of it. You may have your favourite teams and a couple of favourite athletes, but that doesn’t mean that they are always going to win of course. Be prepared to best against who you actually want to win if you’re going to make any money on a long-term basis. Even if you have a deep-seeded love of your team, you need to understand that you’re playing the odds and trying to make money.
- The more information at your disposal, the better your position. In addition to knowing about your sport, you’re going to need to know more than just the rules if you want to have an advantage over others and make some money. Take to professionals if you can and read up on the athletes. Don’t underestimate the emotional state of a player—if they are going through a difficult time it’s very possible it will affect their performance and that is something that will need to be weighed against what you already know. Knowledge is power and in this case intimate knowledge might even mean more money.
- Don’t get upset about the losses, don’t go overboard with celebrations. You’re going to have to admit to yourself early on that you’re going to lose money as well as make money. Of course the goal is to make more than you lose, but that might not always be the case. You need to be mentally prepared for losses and accept it as par for the course where sports betting is concerned. Also, don’t get too excited when you win. If you’re going to make a living from this hobby, then you need to temper your wins. Don’t party too hard when you win, but think about what it was that led you to make the winning bet.
- Know when to call it quits. If you’re on a losing streak, don’t go all out in the hopes of one big win recovering all your losses. If you work in an office chances are that you take holiday a couple of times a year to recharge your proverbial batteries. If you’re a full-time sports gambler, then remember to think of it as a job from which you should take holiday. Be prepared to acknowledge the fact that you’re losing and take a break from betting. When you return you’ll probably have a new lease on the game and have better ideas of what to expect and whom to bet on.
The Jackson State Tigers (19-14) and Southern Jaguars (21-12) meet in the fourth round of the SWAC tournament at the Toyota Center. Action begins at 6:30 pm ET on Saturday, Mar. 12 and can be seen on ESU and ES3. Winner is one step closer to a spot in the NCAA Bracket Contest
The Tigers played well in their last game, topping Mississippi Valley State 74-68 in the 3. Yettra Specks was the game’s leading scorer with 20 points on 3-for-10 shooting. The Jaguars, meanwhile, are coming off an 81-73 win against Texas Southern in the 3.
The top-notch Southern defense appears to have an advantage when it comes to eFG%. It ranks 35th in the nation in making teams miss (opponents’ eFG% of 47.7%), whereas the cold-shooting offense of Jackson State is 314th with a mark of 46.2%.
Both teams have won a game in the season series. The Tigers had the upper hand in the most recent game, a 74-68 win. Hyder had a stellar game with 14 points, six rebounds, five assists, six steals, and two three-pointers.
Jackson State sits at 14-6 SU against its conference, while Southern is 13-7 SU.
The Jackson State Tigers have a defensive rating of 94.6 (ranked ninth), while the Southern Jaguars have an offensive rating of 106.6 (ranked 159th).
The Southern Jaguars average a field goal percentage of 44.9% this season. The Jackson State Tigers have a subpar record of 1-6 when opponents have a FG% of 44.9% or greater.
The Jackson State Tigers and the Southern Jaguars both rank higher in average field goal percentage when compared to their effective field goal percentages. Jackson State is 314th and 310th in the nation for eFG% and FG% respectively, while Southern ranks 178th and 131st in these categories.
Jackson State, the 31st-ranked team in rebounding, register an average of 39.8 rebounds per game. Southern does worse, ranked 188th with 35.9.
Southern ranks 190th in offensive rebounds, while Jackson State ranks at 99th in defensive rebounds.
Though Southern is one of the best in the country in forcing turnovers with opponents averaging a TO% of 20.0% (ranked 17th), Jackson State has a solid 7-4 record SU when it has a TO% of 20.0% or greater.Read More
If I could tell you one thing about sports betting, I would tell you that it is definitely something that changed my life through and through. There are numerous ways in which sports betting can change anyone’s life. Here are five ways in which sports betting definitely made an impact on my life, and for the better too.
1. I Check Sports Results 24/7
I have been a sports fan in the past as well, but ever since I have started with sports betting, I have been checking sports results literally all the time. I never go to bed without checking sports results, but in addition to that, I also don’t get out of the bed, without checking the results. I even have numerous notifications on my phone that will notify me the moment something happens. I would lie if I would say that I do not spend an incredible amount of energy just to keep myself well-informed about all the sports results. But I also find it incredibly fun and thrilling!
2. Dealing With Comments Since I have been a sports fan for a while, I decided to put my knowledge about sports into good use and start with sports betting. However, since then I have had to deal with comments of people are my family, friends and acquaintances. The majority of people have tried to discourage me when it comes to sports betting. I have also had numerous situations in which I had to stand up for my hobby.
If I have learnt anything from dealing with all these negative comments, is that if you really like something you will have to stand your ground. In that way, sports betting also influenced my life positively and dart me how to defend my point of view.
3. I Know All About Sports Even though I have been a sports fan before I have started with sports betting, I have also learnt a ton of things since then as a person who is betting on a regular basis. It is pretentious to say that I know literally everything about sports, but I do know a lot, and certainly much more than I have known before. If anything, my knowledge about sports is not only wider, but I have also learnt a lot about individuals who play sports, as well as how team works.
4. Making Assessments
Sports betting really made me understand how I function when making assessments, and this is something I use in daily life, when making other assessments as well. I firmly believe that making decisions and assessment is a large
part of everyone’s life, and being sports fan and betting the sports really made it much easier for me to make assessments and decisions in short amount of time.
5. Earning Money The Easy Way
Betting on sports really made it much easier for me to earn money. Certainly, I have also experienced some failure, but from it I have learnt a lot and it has really made it much easier for me to bet the right way in the future.